Quiz on Baha'u'llah
19 questions on Baha'u'llah, founder of the Baha'i Faith. 19 things you should know about the life and history of Baha'u'llah.
1. When was Baha’u’llah born?
He was born on the 12th of November 1817
READ > Childhood of Baha'u'llah - Life of Baha'u'llah
2. Where was he born?
He was born in Tehran, Iran
3. What His name?
His name was Mirza Husayn-’Ali
4. What did he do instead of trying to get a career in the government?
He helped the poor as much as He could and whenever He could.
5. Did Baha’u’llah ever meet the Bab?
No, but as soon as He heard about the Bab and His mission, He accepted it.
READ > When One Manifestation of God addresses Another
6. In what year did Baha’u’llah choose to be called Baha’u’llah?
It was in 1848, in Badasht.
7. What happened in 1852?
He was sent to the ‘Black Pit’ because they believed that He tried to kill the Shah.
READ > The Birth of the Revelation of Baha'u'llah
8. What happened in the Black Pit?
He was given his mission and found out he was a Messenger of God.
9. How long was Baha’u’llah in the Black Pit and where did He go after it?
Baha’u’llah was forced to stay in the Black Pit for four months, and was exiled to Baghdad afterward.
10. What was the name of Baha’u’llah’s half-brother and what did he try to do?
Mirza Yahya was Baha’u’llah’s half-brother and tried to kill him and turn other people against Baha’u’llah.
11. What was the name of the mountain Baha’u’llah went to?
He went to the mountains of Kurdistan.
READ > Tablets Revealed by Baha'u'llah in Kurdistán
12. Baha’u’llah went to Baghdad after being in the mountains and wrote three famous writings, what were these three writings?
He wrote the Hidden words, the Seven Valleys, and the Kitáb-i-Íqán.
READ > 9 things you should know about the Kitáb-i-Íqán
13. Baha’u’llah left Baghdad in April 1863 and was exiled to where?
He was exiled to Istanbul which was known as Constantinople.
14. What also happened in April 1863?
He declared his mission as a Messenger of God in the Garden of Ridvan.
READ > The First Day of Ridvan
15. Baha’u’llah was only in Constantinople for four months before he was once again exiled, where was He exiled to?
He was exiled to Adrianople.
16. When did Baha’u’llah write letters to the current world leaders and rulers?
He wrote the letters in September 1867.
17. When did Baha’u’llah arrive in Akka?
He arrived in Akka on the 31 August 1868.
18. Which famous work did he reveal in Akka?
He revealed the Kitáb-i-Aqdas.
READ > A Description of the Kitáb-i-Aqdas by Shoghi Effendi
19 When did Baha’u’llah pass away?
He passed away on the 29th of May, 1892.