Quiz on 'Abdu'l-Baha
19 questions on 'Abdu'l-Baha, the Center of the Covenant and the son of Baha'u'llah. 19 things you should know about the the Perfect Exemplar.
1. When was ‘Abdu’l-Baha born and where?
He was born on the 23 May 1844 in Tehran, Persia
2. When did ‘Abdu’l-Baha pass away?
He passed away on the 28 November 1921 at the age of 77 in Haifa, Israel
3.True or false, He was the eldest son of Baha’u’llah
4. How long was ‘Abdu’l-Baha the head of the Baha’i Faith for?
He was the head of the Baha’i Faith from 1892 until 1921 (29 years)
5. Fill in the blanks: ‘Abdu’l-Baha was the last of the three _______ _______ and was the only one that was not a _____________ of ___ but His writings are still considered sacred.
‘Abdu’l-Baha was the last of the three central figures and was the only one that was not a Manifestation of God but His writings are still considered sacred.
6. Who did ‘Abdu’l-Baha marry?
‘Abdu’l-Baha married Munirih Khanum in 1873
7. How old was ‘Abdu’l-Baha when he and the family lived in Baghdad when Baha’u’llah was exiled, and how long did they stay?
‘Abdu’l-Baha was eight and they lived in Baghdad for nine years
8. Was ‘Abdu’l-Baha ever knighted?
Yes, he was knighted but refused to use the title
9 When was ‘Abdu’l-Baha appointed head of the Baha’i faith?
In 1892, was when he was appointed as the head of the Baha’i faith.
10. What also happened on the night ‘Abdu’l-Baha was born?
He was also born on the same night the Bab declared his mission.
11. Who was ‘Abdu’l-Baha named after?
He was named after his grandfather Mirza Abbas Nuri
12. True or False. ‘Abdu’l-Baha went to school but was kicked out as a child.
False. He was never properly educated but was still extraordinarily smart.
13. What illness did ‘Abdu’l-Baha have as a child?
He had tuberculosis when he was seven, but survived it, despite what the doctors said
14. How many children did ‘Abdu’l-Baha have?
He had nine children and many of them died at a young age
15. Why did ‘Abdu’l-Baha call himself ‘Abdu’l-Baha?
He called himself ‘Abdu’l-Baha to show that he was not a manifestation of God, and was a servant of God.
16. What did he organize whilst in Akka?
He organized the construction of the Shrine of the Bab and also organized the construction of the first house of worship, which was in Turkmenistan.
17 When was ‘Abdu’l-Baha freed and what did he first do?
He was freed in 1908 and immediately visited the Shrine of Baha’u’llah in Bahji.
18. Where did he go to visit overseas in 1910?
He went to Egypt, Europe, and North America.
19. What did ‘Abdu’l-Baha do that made him knighted?
‘Abdu’l-Baha shipped back large amounts of wheat and crops and shipped it all to Haifa and helped to stop a lot of starvation in Northern Palestine.